eSearch return results from an html instead of FC layer

11-20-2017 05:14 AM
MartinOwens1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm pretty new to the WAB builder Api so please bare with me. This question may not be that easy, or may be well out of my realm of expertise for WAB, but I am using Robert Scheitlin's eSearch widget. A fantastic widget provides 90% of the functionality we need. The question I have is is it possible to return an html document with information for the search results by passing it a value from one of the fields in the data it is searching instead of the results configured by the widget? We are attempting to pass a Parcel ID number to an ASP page that has a connection to the information we would like to return as the results. If anyone has, a clue to how to go about something like this that would be great. Thanks! esearch‌, robert scheitlin‌

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Martin,

The way to do what you are wanting is to add link in the widget results with the url to your asp page and the field value that is needed inside the link configuration.

0 Kudos
MartinOwens1

Thanks for the fast reply. We are trying to figure out a way to not have it be a link and instead return the results from the asp and insert that into the results pane. Is that something that is possible?

Thanks for your help Robert!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Not without some heavy development.

0 Kudos
MartinOwens1

Yeah it’s definitely looking that way.

0 Kudos