Web AppBuilder Analysis Widget permissions error

11-19-2017 11:33 PM
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to add analysis widget but getting the error "Your user role cannot perform analysis. In order to perform analysis, the administrator of your organization needs to grant you certain privileges." 

I am the administrator and I have all permission in my portal.

I set up the ArcGIS enterprise 10.5 (ArcGIS Server + Portal). I have federated the ArcGIS server with portal.

I configured the utility services from my ArcGIS server.I set the hosted server to act as your portal's hosting server in portal's Server tab setting. I checked Spatial Analysis GP service is running.

I have not installed & configured ArcGIS Data Store. If I am trying to add analysis widget I am getting above error.

Now, I want to install and configure the ArcGIS data Store :

Do I need to unfederate the ArcGIS server and start install data store and configure? What happen if I unfederate the ArcGIS server ?

What if without unfederate ArcGIS server, start install and configure the data store ? 

Is it mandatory to unfederate the ArcGIS server in order to configure datastore and to use Analysis widget ?

What is the right process ?

I really appreciate the help  on this.

Many thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

I have the same issue 😕

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe you need the ArcGIS Data Store set as the managed data store to perform analysis:

Configure the portal to perform analysis—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Note:

You can configure analysis for a portal that has been upgraded from an earlier version. Your portal must have a hosting server configured with ArcGIS Data Store. Follow the steps in Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS, and then go to My Organization > Edit Settings > Servers. Click Enable and save your settings. You can then proceed to step 5 below.

You can configure the Data Store at any point with the Server and then set the federated Server as the hosting Server. Perhaps the error you see is incorrectly describing the problem.

0 Kudos