Basemap Creation - Fundamental question

11-14-2017 05:49 AM
PeterMerx
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a fundamental question about Basemaps in ArcGIS Pro.

Who I am : ArcGIS Pro User with Publisher license in a medium size organization.

What I want: Use basemaps with RD New coordinate system 

Why I want this: I have to make workarounds everytime i'm uploading to ArcGIS Online because of the error " service layer in your map or scene is in a different projection than the map or scene being shared".

What did I try myself: Author a custom basemap through "Author a custom basemap—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop " and try to make a basemap gallery trough Videos van Esri Nederland  . With the author a basemap I seem to make a basemap for 1 project but I cannot use it again, is this correct? With the basemap gallery is not working because I'm not the admin of the organization I'm a member of.

My question: How can I make a basemap with RD New Coordinate Systems which is the auto basemap for every map I open? 

Anyone who know this will be rewarded with great honour.

Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peter,

You will need to be an administrator of your Organization that Pro is accessing.  You can then change the Default Basemap setting.  See the following article:

How To: Configure a default basemap in ArcGIS Online 

Also, here is a helpful document on how to create a tiled service, which can be used as a basemap.

0 Kudos