georeferencing "using coordinates" arcgis pro

11-09-2017 05:44 PM
TimHoeflich1
New Contributor

First off, I am trying to learn ArcGIS PRO, despite the fact that I am pretty good at ArcGIS 8.x-10.x.  So frustration with PRO is mounting.  PLEASE HELP.

I have a TIFF image which is a scan of a very old USGS topo.  I would like to georeference this in PRO by directly keying in the DMS coords notated on the topo.  The flow of the  process in PRO is very intuitive up to a point.  A video I found on youtube instructs me to use "left" mouse click after I set my initial point on the raster using the "left" click, in order to get the coordinate entry menu to appear .  This made no sense.  The ESRI help tells me to use the right click after I set my initial point on the raster, in order to get the coordinate entry menu to appear.  This doesn't work either.  I even changed mouses in order to eliminate that as a source of the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is this the help section you are following?

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/imagery/georeferencing-a-raster-entering-x-y-coordinates....

And the step where it said to click on the raster, then immediately right-click... your mouse was stationary?

I think this section 7....

In the Adjust group, click the Add Control Points tool Add Control Points to create control points.

To add a control point, first click a location on the raster you are georeferencing (the source layer), and then click the same location on the target layer in the map (the reference data).

Do the click source then target.... then right-click to see if it brings up the dialog

Sorry... got nothing to georeferenced, so you will have to play around with the clicking left and right to see what works