Select to view content in your preferred language

Graphical display bug in an embedded Shortlist Story Map

10-10-2017 08:02 PM
NickDragunow
Emerging Contributor

Hi there,

I'm having issues with a Shortlist Story Map embedded within a Cascade. It's a production project and the issue is proving very hard to reproduce, so unfortunately I can't include screenshots.

The shortlist contains 5 tabs with about 18 projects split between them, each with a simple graphic and text. All editing was done within the Story Map editor - no JSON manipulation at all. 

One client is intermittently experiencing a graphical problem when clicking on the left and right arrows to scroll between projects. The functionality is fine, but the slider of projects following the current one is displaying over top of the map, rather than being hidden until it reaches the left panel. Essentially you can see three slides of content on the screen at once, with only the currently selected one displaying in the text + image window, and the rest displaying correctly but on top of the map. 

The client tells me this occurs fairly frequently, and with no obvious triggers - although he suspects it is a loading issue, because after visiting all projects within a tab the problem resolves itself. This error is occurring in Explorer and Chrome, although I don't yet know which versions. 

I haven't seen any mention of this online - has anyone had a similar problem?

Cheers for any assistance.   

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi

Thanks for the note. We have seen this issue with certain, not all, Shortlists in Internet Explorer on Windows 10 (not Windows 7). When we have seen it, it happens if you open the Shortlist and the first thing you do is to click on the first place in the first tab. We've not seen this in Chrome,

Is it possible for you to share the URL of the Shortlist and also the Cascade in which it is embedded so we can try it out?

Rupert

NickDragunow
Emerging Contributor

Hey Rupert,

Sorry for the lack of response - we ended up moving to a tabbed Map Series due to a tight timeline, so unfortunately I don't have all that much extra information. I'm unable to share the URL, but if it would be useful for your own troubleshooting I'd be happy to share it through a private AGOL group. 

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi Nick

Thanks for the offer. Could you email the link and details to me (see my Geonet profile for email address)?

Rupert

0 Kudos