No results found for Identify widget

Jump to solution
10-05-2017 09:59 AM
MikeKoon
New Contributor II

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

I have set up the Identify widget and it works on layers within a web map, but when I add an "identify url", it brings back no results. In an earlier post you said that it had to be part of the base web map. Is that still the case?  If so what is the purpose of having the "identify url"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

The widget will work for any layers in the map if you have the widgets configuration NOT set to "Only These". But not adding your layer to the widget config means that all fields will be displayed and you can not use other features of the Identify widget with that layer like links and aliasing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

Yes that is still the case. The url is because the IdentifyTask requires a url and you can use widgets like that Add Data or the Local Layer widget to add data that is not actually part of the web map.

0 Kudos
MikeKoon
New Contributor II

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Robert, thanks...

so I built a custom widget that adds a ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer. It shows up in the "operational layers" when the widget starts up 

Should your Identify widget be able to...  

a) find results?   

b) only find the results *after* I ensure the identify url is added to your configurations settings?

c) your widget won't work with my custom widget as is.

If c) any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

The widget will work for any layers in the map if you have the widgets configuration NOT set to "Only These". But not adding your layer to the widget config means that all fields will be displayed and you can not use other features of the Identify widget with that layer like links and aliasing.

MikeKoon
New Contributor II

rscheitlin

Working - perfect!  Thanks for your help and quick response.

0 Kudos