Workforce

09-28-2017 09:26 AM
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

When creating assignments in workforce is there a way auto populate the address from a list? Right now the "dispatcher" would need to type in the address for each assignment. In this case there are over 100 assignments and each one has an address. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jevita,

There are a couple of ways to automate assignment creation in Workforce.  I think this post in the Workforce for ArcGIS‌ group might be a helpful place to get started: https://community.esri.com/message/641654-upload-csv-to-workforce-as-assignments 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jevita,

Where is the assignment information currently stored?  Is it in a csv file or paper?

Craig

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

Its in an excel spreadsheet

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Will the dispatchers need to create assignments from the spreadsheet once?  Or is this a regular task that they need to perform?

Craig

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

I don’t want to auto create assignments, i want have the locations of the assignments pull from a list or auto populate or something like that.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jevita,

Understood, there's a few ways that you could do this; but I believe this topic from the Online help is the best place to start:

Add a layer from a CSV file—Get started with ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS 

Once you have the csv file added as a layer into Online, you'll be able to add that Layer to the Dispatcher web map in Workforce and use the features to create new assignments.  You can configure the popup title for that layer to point to the Address information in the layer you loaded.  This section of the Workforce doc walks you through that step:

Create your first project—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

If you run into any issues doing this, please contact me at cgillgrass@esri.com

Craig