Cannot enable suggestions on hosted feature layer in Information Lookup template

09-26-2017 10:09 AM
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

I have a web  map with multiple layers from our web server. I am using this web map in the Information Lookup template. I have the search tool enabled. When I try to configure the search parameters on one particular layer I do not get the Enable Suggestions option.  I cannot see what the problem is, all the other layers in this web map are able to have the enable suggestions box checked under "Edit" on the Search tab. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance#

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferBorlick
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the Basic Viewer. I have two apps (with 2 different maps). One has Enable Suggestions and the other doesn't. I can't figure out what's different between the two to get it to show up.

0 Kudos
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

I did some more digging on this and it turns out you have to publish from a file geodatabase (or enterprise) - the layer must have the ability to 'support advanced queries'.  In working with my app, I had inadvertently added a shapefile and that would not allow me to enable suggestions. Once I imported the shp into a file geodb and republished it, the enable suggestions option was there.

0 Kudos
JenniferBorlick
Occasional Contributor III

So, what's weird is that the app that I CAN get it to work in is a shapefile that I uploaded to AGOL. The one that isn't working is from our enterprise server. That being said I wonder if it's because the it's joined to a SQL table that was ported over from Oracle to SQL without the geometry type.

0 Kudos