Native Linking Error: Framework not found ArcGIS-sim64 when compiling IOS Xamarin.Forms on Windows

09-19-2017 10:37 AM
VladPredovic
New Contributor

As stated in the title, I am getting the following linking error when attempting to compile a Xamarin.Forms app for IOS. I am developing on Visual Studio for Windows and using a MacBook for compilation.

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(747,3): error : Native linking error: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Users/vvp/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/RT.iOS/9bd34334c2bb0c14c8bdf794fb67e9fc/framework'
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(747,3): error : Native linking error: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Users/vvp/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/RT.iOS/9bd34334c2bb0c14c8bdf794fb67e9fc/framework'
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(747,3): error : Native linking error: framework not found ArcGIS-sim64
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(747,3): error : Native linking failed. Please review the build log.

Compiling on the Mac directly using VS 2017 works, the application deploys and runs on the IPhone Simulator. 
However I get the following warnings which I believe are consistent with the error messages above.

/Users/vvv/Desktop/Selectron.Field.RouteTracker/RT/RT.iOS/warning MT5203: Warning: warning: ignoring file /Users/vvv/Desktop/Selectron.Field.RouteTracker/packages/Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS.100.1.0/framework/ArcGIS-sim.framework/ArcGIS-sim, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/vvv/Desktop/Selectron.Field.RouteTracker/packages/Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS.100.1.0/framework/ArcGIS-sim.framework/ArcGIS-sim (RT.iOS) Native linking

/Users/vvv/Desktop/Selectron.Field.RouteTracker/RT/RT.iOS/warning MT5203: Warning: warning: ignoring file /Users/vvv/Desktop/Selectron.Field.RouteTracker/packages/Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS.100.1.0/framework/ArcGIS-sim.framework/ArcGIS-sim, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/vvv/Desktop/Selectron.Field.RouteTracker/packages/Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS.100.1.0/framework/ArcGIS-sim.framework/ArcGIS-sim (RT.iOS) Native linking

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(3,3): Warning MSB6002: The command-line for the "MTouch" task is too long. Command-lines longer than 32000 characters are likely to fail. Try reducing the length of the command-line by breaking down the call to "MTouch" into multiple calls with fewer parameters per call. (MSB6002) (RT.iOS)

Any thoughts/suggestions or clarification on the issue I am facing would be greatly appreciated. I have tried changing the supported architecture through visual studio, no luck. 

Has not been tested on the actual device yet.

0 Kudos
0 Replies