Story map pop ups displaying wrong data

09-19-2017 01:07 PM
VeronicaAnderson3
New Contributor

I have a story map journal which is configured to display a custom location and pop up for each section. Once I've added the customized settings and saved them, however, the pop up which automatically displays is showing random data from other points. Once I click on the point that's centered in the window, I get the pop up window I actually want, so it's still there, it just isn't being displayed. I haven't been able to figure out the logic of what data is automatically being populated in the pop up and I have done no customization in the app, just filled it with information.

Please help! What can I try? I have a deadline to meet and this is a very silly glitch which is very hard to troubleshoot.

Here's the link: http://arcg.is/1KbSbu 

Screen shots:

A is when you first scroll to a section, B is after you actually click on the point.

P.S. I think there's something going on with the web map since it's feeding another story map journal which is doing the same strange thing. The pop ups won't even all show up automatically in that story map but when they do, it's with the wrong data. Link to web map running the show: http://arcg.is/1njW80 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

showing random data from other points

From points in the same layer or points in a different layer?

Rupert

0 Kudos
VeronicaAnderson3
New Contributor

The random data is coming from points in the same layer

0 Kudos
AlisonSizer
New Contributor III

Hi Veronica,

It looks like MapJournal isn't reading the correct ObjectId field from that layer, or is reading a mix of fields. The ObjectId field is set as F__OBJECTID, but MapJournal is sometimes using the field FID instead.

For example: in the screenshot above, the correct feature is:

Germantown Redevelopment Project, FID = 41, F__OBJECTID = 17.

The feature that's shown when navigating to that section is:

Reverence, FID = 48, F__OBJECTID = 41.

Note the FID of the correct feature is the same as the F__OBJECTID of the feature that actually shows up.

The same thing is happening in the next section, with Grand Battery Park (FID=42) and Revive (F__OBJECTID=42).

I'm looking into a fix for this, but just wanted to get back to you quickly that we see the causes of it. 

Thanks!

Alison

VeronicaAnderson3
New Contributor

Thank you so much for that quick update on the troubleshooting. I'm glad that you can see the cause of the issue and are working on a fix. I hope to hear more in the near future since I don't know how to access or edit this thing you are describing, although it does make sense to me.

Many, many thanks!

- Veronica

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Veronica -- this should be fixed now, but you'll need to reconfigure your pop-ups to trigger the fix. (If you use the same web map in a new story it will work.)

Can you please reconfigure your pop-up and check your story when you get a chance and let us know if things are working as expected?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos