Deauthorizing concurrent-use ArcGIS Pro license result in FAIL

Jump to solution
09-14-2017 11:00 AM
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

When deauthorizing a concurrent-use ArcGIS Pro basic license in License manager 10.5.1 result in all concurrent-use Pro basic licenses to FAIL on the server.

The Standard and Advanced Pro license still works (and deauthorizing is not started until fix is found).

Deauthorizing concurrent-use Desktop licenses has worked in the past on the server, but apparently not for Pro licenses...?

FLEXlm error from the log file: desktopbasicP - "No such feature exists" 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

I found a workaround: Deauthorizing all Pro basic concurrent licenses removed the FAIL error i License Manager. Then I added the needed licenses back into the License Manager and all is working again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

and you installed license manager 10.5.1 as required?

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dan, I am familiar with the the requirements by Esri.

The license server still works, but no Pro basic licenses can be used on the network after I tried to deauthorize 1 basic Pro license from the server.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Being Pro concurrent licenses are still relatively new, I wouldn't doubt that there are some flaky things still when it comes to deauthorizing of moving the licenses.  If you recall, the conversion to Pro-CU is a little different than the desktop.   Have you looked at you myesri.com account to see what the license authorization and provisioning pages show? 

rereading you question a few times, I may not be understanding it fully...but this link might be something to read thru

About licensing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

but it may just be a question for tech support/customer service.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like you need to contact Esri Tech Support to resolve the issue.

Think Location
0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

Rebecca: Thanks, I did look at my.esri.com and the deauthorized Pro basic license was returned perfectly. I also returned the Pro basic license back to the same server, hoping it would fix it. But it is also listed as FAIL in the license manager and no pro basic licenses work on the network. 

Jayanta: I did, but support never tried deauthorizing a concurrent-use ArcGIS Pro license before... I hope next week will bring more light into this deauthorizing Pro concurrent-use license issue

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is interesting that tech support hasn't seen it yet, but again, not surprising since it is fairly new and Pro itself, especially as CU, is still just starting to take off.  We only have advanced PRO-CU and I have not tried de-authorizing....but I'm sure going to wait until this is resolved.

I wonder if you can talk to your customer service rep to have that Basic seat re-set so you can try authorizing it again?  Or do you think it is an actual LM issue?  In either case, seems like a bug to me, and I would ask tech support to elevate the ticket.

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

I found a workaround: Deauthorizing all Pro basic concurrent licenses removed the FAIL error i License Manager. Then I added the needed licenses back into the License Manager and all is working again.

0 Kudos