Local Data and Licensing Levels

09-08-2017 01:23 PM
NathanMellor
Occasional Contributor

I need some guidance about what some of the licensing levels mean in practical terms. I'll try to be direct. 

These are some things added in the Standard licensing (which I don't currently enjoy, I'm in Lite). 

Access to additional data

• Local raster layers
  • Local raster elevation sources
  • ArcGIS Runtime raster functions (for local rasters and rasters from image services)

So does this mean:

A. I can use the RasterLayer(Item) and RasterLayer(Raster) because they use Raster services, but I could not use the Constructor RasterLayer(String path) because it is a "Local path to a raster data source." I could also not use the Raster(string) construction because it is a Raster source. Therefore I could not expect to display a Geotiff that is on the mobile device storage. Right?

B.  I guess this means I couldn't use RasterElevationSource because it takes a list of filenames. So I couldn't just download a bunch of elevation files from Nasa and use them.  I could, however, use ArcGISTiledElevationSource(Uri) and ArcGISTiledElevationSource(Item). But what about ArcGISTiledElevationSource(TileCache)? That could presumably read from a TPK file, and I could get that from an ArcGIS Desktop user. Or maybe even find an ElevationSource that supports export?

Without that, it would be impossible to look up elevation or do 3D terrain views offline. 

C. Does that third part mean I can't use anything in the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Rasters namespace?

0 Replies