App stopped working despite no change in code

09-05-2017 08:33 AM
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

I have an app I wrote in AppStudio on Runtime 10.2.6 that was licensed at the Basic level. For several weeks it had been running fine until last week when I could no longer open it on my iPhone even though I had not changed any code or even opened the project. When I tried to run the app on my iPhone, it gave me the message indicating the developer was untrusted and until I trusted it in the iPhone settings, it would not run. However, going to iPhone settings to set the developer as trusted also failed. I had gone through these steps when I first deployed the app, so why did it suddenly stop trusting?

I tried to remake the app and redeploy it but I get messages that the app can not be transferred.

If I open the app page in https://developers.arcgis.com/applications/ and click Register App to generate a ClientID (again, which I previously did for this app) a message says 'There was an error loading OAuth credentials'.

Hopefully this is just a  matter of updating the licensing on the app? However, It seems most of the documentation is about licensing Runtime 100.1. I am in process of migrating the app, but in the meantime, what is required to bring this app back to life on Runtime 10.2.6?

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KaushikMysorekar
New Contributor III

Hi Ken,

It might be worth giving specifics or additional info  (detailed steps) about following two unrelated errors:

>> I tried to remake the app and redeploy it but I get messages that the app can not be transferred.

and

>> 'There was an error loading OAuth credentials'.

0 Kudos
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks. I am certainly willing to consider they are unrelated to one another.

However, it seems they might be related. I thought that if the licensing is expired or misconfigured, maybe that’s the reason why the app won’t transfer. That seems possible, especially since they both occurred at the same time and after making no changes to the app. Furthermore I tried to install the app on another iPhone and was similarly unable to transfer the app. Not sure if this reinforces the notion of a problem with the app. Or could it perhaps be a problem on the OTA server?

Looking for suggestions.

Ken

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ken,

I believe you are using the Esri enterprise certificate for your signed iOS app. If that is correct then it is issue we are trying to get fixed at our end. Seems like the certificate period has expired. We are working on it.

Thanks,

Nakul

0 Kudos