Sharing time-enabled layer results in no features

08-27-2017 11:27 AM
ChrisBone1
New Contributor

I am publishing a time-enabled layer in ArcGIS Pro. Everything looks good in Pro and I receive confirmation that it has been successfully shared, but once I open the data in ArcGIS Online, there are no features in the layer. I can even see what the layer is suppose to look like in the thumbnail, and when I open the layer the time slider is present and configured accordingly, but the dataset is empty.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. 

3 Replies
Louis-JeanFaucher2
New Contributor II

I have the exact same issue. Publishing the same time-enabled hosted feature layer to AGOnline from AGDesktop 10.2.2 and getting the same "empty" feature layer. Publishing the same dataset as feature service from AGDesktop to AGServer works flawlessly.

James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

I am also experiencing this exact issue and I cannot find a solution anywhere. I have been able to publish time-enabled data before, but now I can't. I am writing this reply to see if we can activate this question again and get a response from Esri. I am surprised there are no updates to the original post/question. Thanks.

PamBond1
New Contributor III

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I was trying to publish a pretty simple hosted feature layer with time-enabled based off a Short Integer field, from ArcGIS Pro. The published service said 'No Data' and the layer would not show up.  I then published the time-enabled layer based off of a Date field and the hosted feature layer worked properly.   Maybe the key is time-enabling by a DATE field.

0 Kudos