Cannot connect to database.

08-15-2017 10:38 AM
MikeSautkulis
New Contributor III

I am having an issue with a few (3 to my knowledge) feature classes in a FGDB. I cannot add them to a map (existing, new, or in a completely new project). When I attempt to view the properties in ArcGIS Pro the text "Cannot connect to database." appears in the properties window. The rest of the feature classes in the FGDB (and within the same feature dataset for what it's worth) appear to be unaffected. I can preview these feature classes in ArcCatalog and add them to an ArcMap MXD just fine. Also if exported to a new FGDB the exported feature classes don't appear to have the issue. 

Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping there's a solution aside from exporting.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Mike,

That sounds odd. Can you add a few screenshots of what you're seeing and the error message?

MikeSautkulis
New Contributor III

This is what I'm seeing in the properties window for the 3 feature classes in question. From right-click properties in the Catalog pane. Other feature classes in the FGDB (and within the same feature dataset) are behaving normally as far as I can tell.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Well, that is pretty strange. Can you connect to those features from a different ArcGIS Pro project?

MikeSautkulis
New Contributor III

I can add the features of any one of the affected feature classes to a map in a different project ONCE. Once I add one of the feature classes to a map I cannot add the others, and if I remove it from the map and attempt to add it again I cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Mike, I would suggest contacting Esri Technical Support on this.

0 Kudos