Check box option on crowdsource Story Map

Jump to solution
08-09-2017 12:57 PM
SusanSandford
New Contributor

I am part of a partnership of organizations in Wisconsin trying to reduce the amount of salt pollution to our local waterways (from water softening and winter road salt application). We are trying to create a crowdsourcing story map so that people can report when they have taken an action to reduce salt usage. When they click on the button to add something to the map, I would like to present them with a series of checkbox options so they can indicate what action they have taken and have it added to the map (with the option of also including a photo and their name (or business name). Options would include:

• Hired a certified Salt Wise applicator
  • Optimized an old water softening system
  • Upgraded to a new softening system

I can't figure out a way to do this on the crowdsourcing map and none of the other story map options seem to allow contributions from the public.

I am including a rough image of what I want this to look like (attached)

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi 

There's not a way to do that out-of-the-box. It is possible to do some customization of the Crowdsource form. Have a look at these blog posts for more info: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublishe... 

Also, the Story Map Crowdsource app is orientated around collecting a set of photos and associated narrative, so that your users create your story map for you . There are some other crowdsource and survey apps in ArcGIS you may have already looked into that could also be used to gather this sort of info that may suit your needs better and provide easier customization. See Crowdsource Reporter and Survey 1-2-3.

Rupert

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi 

There's not a way to do that out-of-the-box. It is possible to do some customization of the Crowdsource form. Have a look at these blog posts for more info: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublishe... 

Also, the Story Map Crowdsource app is orientated around collecting a set of photos and associated narrative, so that your users create your story map for you . There are some other crowdsource and survey apps in ArcGIS you may have already looked into that could also be used to gather this sort of info that may suit your needs better and provide easier customization. See Crowdsource Reporter and Survey 1-2-3.

Rupert

SusanSandford
New Contributor

Thank you! Crowdsource Reporter seems like a good fit for what we want to do.  Now I just have to figure out how to use it!  It doesn't seem like it is possible to change the preset categories but maybe I can find a GIS savvy colleague to help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos