Access live data in Oracle

08-04-2017 12:23 AM
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

One of the new features in 2.0 is the connection to Oracle.

The problem with this connection it does not support geodatabase.

My understanding was that it just ignore the metadata tables and see all tables as simple tables.

It looks like it will not connect if it find metadata tables (gdb_items etc).

All our data in Oracle geodatabase and we do not like to publish/register each layer to be able to see it in Insights.

Is there any work around? Maybe create a new user that will not have access to the metadata tables (but they are public!!).

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

No, as the Supported databases—Insights web help Use tab | ArcGIS Enterprise  link clearly states:

Currently, Insights for ArcGIS does not allow you to create a connection to a relational database that has an enterprise geodatabase defined.

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

I understand if it does not read the metadata and just ignore them. I find it hard to believe that someone in ESRI wrote a code that if metadata tables exists then do not connect.

ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All

I see that only Oracle 12 is supported. We currently have Oracle 11 only. Any way to access Oracle 11?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

If this request is for direct access to a native Oracle 11g instance, for native support, Insight currently only supports direct read of Oracle 12c as you already checked.

If this request is for Geodatabase, Insight does support Oracle 11g gdb through the use of feature services.

0 Kudos
farahQasem91
New Contributor

Hi Asrujit,

I can read from Oracle 11g, but when trying to perform analysis its not giving something went wrong and the error from ArcGIS server is : Query [55] failed "ERROR: syntax error at or near "." Position: 146": CREATE TABLE "$IN_import_b8slbb2gt98ba0pktb0598e3nf"

0 Kudos