AnsweredAssumed Answered

Database views and relationship classes

Question asked by panagiotis.chiotis.sweco on Aug 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 by abenvin@coc.ca_thecityofcalgary

Hi,

We have ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 Standard and ArcGIS Server 10.5 Standard running on Windows Server 2012R2 Standard with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) running on Windows servers.

I am trying to figure out if I can create a relationship class in our enterprise geodatabase between a feature class and a view or between a spatial view and a view.

I already have created a relationship class between a feature class (land parcels) and a table (landowners), however I would like to join some additional information stored in lookup tables to each table in the form of views and have another relationship class between those two views (spatial view for land parcels and non-spatial view for landowners). So, for now I have created a view for the landowners (which I have registered with the entrprise geodatabase) and have tried to create a M-N relationship class between the land parcels feature class and that landowners view, but I am getting the following error message: "Create Relationship Class: Failed to create the specified relationship class. Not supported on a view."

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Panos

Outcomes