Issue with running python script in ArcGIS Pro

08-01-2017 11:41 AM
DuminduJayasekera
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a python script that works fine with ArcMap 10.4.1 version and read some comments on how to modify to suit to run with ArcGIS Pro version using "arcpy.AnalyzeToolsForPro_management" tool. After doing some modifications to the script I ran it in ArcGIS PRO but initially it worked fine and showed the progress up to 45% and it does not progress after 45% and remains in the same position for a long time. I did it several times and it does not complete running the script. 

Basically, it converts to process netCDF file to extract a data variable, then project it and save it a .tif file. This process repeats for about 180 netCDF files.

The original script works fine in ArcMap 10.4.1 version without any problem. 

Any comments or suggestions of what might be happening. 

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you perform this process manually in ArcGIS Pro?  I ask because maybe this functionality has not yet been added to Pro as it is still not equal to ArcMap especially if you are not using v2.0 of Pro.

0 Kudos
DuminduJayasekera
New Contributor III

What do you mean by manually in ArcGIS Pro? I have imported the python script and ran it in Pro version. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does the script in Pro (what version are you using?) and actually create 45% of the tif files?  Or does the script show 45% progress, yet create none of the tif files in Pro?

When I say "manually in Pro", I mean can you perform this process to create 1 tif by using tools available in Pro without any python scripting?

0 Kudos
DuminduJayasekera
New Contributor III

The script in Pro creates the progress as 45% of the tif files but actually it doe not produce 45% of the tif files. I does the job manually in ArcGIS Pro. 

0 Kudos