How to load feature layer from shapefile using ArcGIS runtime SDK for .NET 100.1.0?

Jump to solution
07-26-2017 04:28 AM
ChaxDu
by
New Contributor

I found the sample code of feature layer from shapefile in Feature Layer from Shapefile | ArcGIS for Developers . But I noticed the ShapefileTable class does not exist in ArcGIS runtime SDK for .NET 100.1.0. Could someone provide solution to solve the issue as subject? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The shapefile table is planned to be added in v100.2 (although this is work in progress so not 100% guarantee although it's definitely our intent!).

Until then, you will need to use the local server to load shapefiles.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NagmaYasmin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chax,

Have you tried to use ShapefileWorkspace Class. Also for the sub layer source, I think, MapSublayerSource could be used.

ShapefileWorkspace Class 

A shapefile workspace can be used to create a SublayerSource that displays the data from a shapefile.

Hope that helps.

Nagma

0 Kudos
ChaxDu
by
New Contributor

Hi Nagma, 

Thanks for your information. I think it is the solution to load layer from shapefile. But I am beginner of ArcGIS runtime SDK. The usage of ShapefileWorkspace class seems need to control local server as sample code of https://developers.arcgis.com/java/latest/sample-code/dynamic-workspace-shapefile.htm . It is more complex than the solution of using ShapefileTable class of ArcGIS runtime SDK for .NET 10.2.7. I am studying and trying about ShapefileWorkspace. I am update the result later.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The shapefile table is planned to be added in v100.2 (although this is work in progress so not 100% guarantee although it's definitely our intent!).

Until then, you will need to use the local server to load shapefiles.

ChaxDu
by
New Contributor

Hi Morten,

Thanks for your information.

0 Kudos