Using URL Scheme with iOS apps

Jump to solution
07-20-2017 02:10 PM
KevinFleshman
New Contributor II

I have built a couple of surveys and created a URL scheme to launch them from a map. I built the surveys using Survey123 Connect 2.1.9 on a Windows 7 PC. During testing using a map created on our Enterprise ArcGIS Online site the URL Scheme worked great and passed all necessary attributes from the map to the survey. However, when I started testing on an iPad Mini to prepare for deployment to the field I started getting different behavior with the URL Scheme.

1. When I launched the survey from iOS Explorer app all the attributes were passed to the survey except four. Three of the four survey questions are select_one and the other is a decimal data type. The three select_one questions are integers with cascading selects. I made multiple changes in the attempt to figure out why these fields didn't get passed through without any luck.

2. I decided to update the the latest version of Survey123 Connect, Survey123 app on my PC and republish. I also updated the apps on the iPad to try to get it to work properly. Still no luck getting it to work using iOS Explorer app. Everything still works as expected on my PC with the new version.

3. When I tested launching the survey from iOS Collector app all the attributes were passed to the survey except the same four questions from step 1.

4. When I tested launching the survey from ArcGIS Online using the Safari browser on the iPad all of my attributes were passed to the survey as expected just like when I tested using my PC.

I can't figure out if this is a bug with the iOS apps or if there is a problem with the URL Scheme or my survey. Any help is greatly appreciated. I attached the shapefile i used for the map, my survey, and the URL scheme below. In my survey i highlighted the 4 fields that are not properly getting passed from the map to the survey.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin, 

A recent update to Explorer introduced a bug with how pop-ups display field values.  They are aware of this and are working toward resolving the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin, 

A recent update to Explorer introduced a bug with how pop-ups display field values.  They are aware of this and are working toward resolving the issue.

0 Kudos
KevinFleshman
New Contributor II

Thank you for verifying the bug.

0 Kudos