COM exception in getting large results dataset from SOE

01-11-2011 09:08 PM
YoumeiGe
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I have a SOE enabled with a map service (9.3.1) to perform spatial query function that is similar to the example provided by the ArcObjects APIs documentation.

The SOE is used from a REST Web service applcation.
When a query result dataset is small, the SOE works well from the REST service, however,
I am getting the following exception when the large result dataset is expected to return:

------------------------------------------------------------------
The server encountered an error processing the request. The exception message is 'The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)'. See server logs for more details. The exception stack trace is:
at System.EnterpriseServices.IRemoteDispatch.RemoteDispatchNotAutoDone(String s) at System.EnterpriseServices.RemoteServicedComponentProxy.Invoke(IMessage reqMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at TGQuickAppraisalSOEInterfaces.ITGQuickAppraisal.DoTGQuickAppraisal(String polygon, Boolean polygonLayer, String filename) at QuickAppraisal.QAService.DoSOEQuickAppraisal(String appraisedString, Boolean polygonLayer) at QuickAppraisal.QAService.GetAppraisalByLayer(String columnValue, String columnName, String layerName) at SyncInvokeGetAppraisalByLayer(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone experienced the same in the past?

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Youmei
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SandeepDolia
New Contributor
I'm currently facing the same issue. I would really appreciate if somebody would give me some solution.
I'm also calling a servletContext.releaseContext() method each time I'm done with a context.

My stacktrace below.
Thread: 6: Error encountered while running simulation 4721: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE): The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
  at System.EnterpriseServices.IRemoteDispatch.RemoteDispatchNotAutoDone(String s)
  at System.EnterpriseServices.RemoteServicedComponentProxy.Invoke(IMessage reqMsg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
  at IntePoint.Nexus.Server.ISimulationExecution.RunSimulationNow(Int64 simulationId, Hashtable userInfo)

My logic is I'm passing a servetContext inside userInfo Hashtable and I do a releaseContext before ending RunSimulationNow method.
0 Kudos
AhmedDiab
New Contributor
I have the same issue, the development environment as follows:

- windows server 2008
- Oracle SDE
- Visual Studio 2010
- Network Analysis
- SOM & SOC in different servers
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
The behavior seems a problem of time-out. In arcgis server you can see timeout in this link http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisserver/9.3/dotNet/index.htm#tuning_services.htm. Peraphs your request fail because the time exceed the time-out server context
0 Kudos