Publish hosted feature service with related tables - Won't work with ArcGIS Pro 2.0

Jump to solution
07-19-2017 11:09 AM
MaxMarno
New Contributor III

I seem to be unable to publish a hosted feature service (share as web layer) and correctly include my related data tables. This seems to be a new issue as of the 2.0 release.

1. In memory joins/relates are not supported, thus a relationship class must be created (and has been)
  2. The related records are accessible via the relationship class WITHOUT an in memory 'relate' from Desktop
  3. Attempting to publish with only the relationship class in place results in a feature service that does not include my tables.
    • If a relationship class is created AND I create the in memory 'relates' then the tables will publish to AGO, however there are then duplicate related records tables available when using 'view related records' from the popup or attribute table.  I assume this stems from the redundant relationship class, and relate.
  4. Could this be a side effect of the known issue addressed in the 2.0 release notes? Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.0—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

BUG-000094431

When publishing selected layers in a map, include tables only if they are related.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I think that what you're seeing is a difference in sharing only a selected layer and or the map and all of its layers as a web layer.

See this: Web feature layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you use the first option from the Share tab > Share As group > Publish Web Layer, are the related tables included in the published web layer?  I tested quickly and that option included a related table, while just right-clicking the individual layer in the Contents Pane > Share as web layer did not.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
KyrreFlege
New Contributor II

Hmm. I second this one. Overwriting a feature service with related tables, and carrying those relationships through to ArcGIS Online is not working for me.

Rami-Alouta
Esri Contributor

I am also facing this issue. AAwady-esristaff‌ Any Idea what is going on here!

BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  Publishing the same feature class w/ relationship classes works fine for me in ArcMap, but not in Pro.

FrancescaGonzalez
New Contributor III

I have a problem to export a feature hosted in ArcGIS Onlien with related tables and attachments

When exporting does not maintain related tables in arcgis pRO

Watch video https://www.screencast.com/t/jJ8RakaY2

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I think that what you're seeing is a difference in sharing only a selected layer and or the map and all of its layers as a web layer.

See this: Web feature layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you use the first option from the Share tab > Share As group > Publish Web Layer, are the related tables included in the published web layer?  I tested quickly and that option included a related table, while just right-clicking the individual layer in the Contents Pane > Share as web layer did not.

FrancescaGonzalez
New Contributor III

my layer is already in arcgis online (and includes the related table) what we want is to download it from ArcGIS Pro.

When downloading as FGDB does not maintain related tables

0 Kudos
MaxMarno
New Contributor III

Kory thank you for that tip. This does indeed seem to be the issue that I was running across. I would note that this is not very intuitive and given that the options are named/labeled the same, and utilize the same symbol there does not appear to be an easily distinguishable difference between the two methods.

Perhaps clarifying the differences between these methods in the documentation would be beneficial?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Max, I'm glad that we were able to help figure out what was happening.  Can you do me a favor and revisit the idea that was logged https://community.esri.com/ideas/13902‌ and rework the title and description to reflect how you think these options can be clarified in the software?  This will help others who are experiencing this behavior find the issue on the Ideas site and up vote it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
FinnianO_Connor
Occasional Contributor II

Trying this today in Pro 2.2.4 and the related table does not get created in AGOL. Adding the same data (feature class with related table from a file geodatabase) to ArcMap and I can successfully publish the hosted feature layer with the related table.