Collector doesn't display any feature on offline maps with Windows 10

07-13-2017 03:26 AM
leo_SwissGIS
New Contributor III

Hello,

As stated in the question, the issue has been observed only on Windows 10 devices when trying to go offline.

The tested maps work perfectly with Androïd devices: I download the map for offline mode and the existing feature layers appear normally on the basemap.

I do exactly the same with Windows 10 devices: only the basemap is displayed on the offline map, I cannnot see any feature (and neither edit them). The issues seems however to concern only the display: the feature layers are in the content tab, and I can add new features normally. In the creation mode, I can see and locate a feature, but it will disappear after sending.

The newly created features are apparently stored because they will appear on the map in ArcGIS Online after synchronizing.

I tried with several maps and configuration, using simple sync-enabled features layers (Arcgis Online), all the parameters are correctly set for offline usage (as it works on Android devices).

We are using Windows 10 Pro, version 1607 on Panasonic Tablet and Lenovo PC. Same issue with both devices.

Help will be greatly appreciated !

Léo

0 Kudos
15 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leo,

If you make edits while the map is not downloaded to the device, do you see any issues?

Are these services hosted feature services on ArcGIS Online/Portal or are they feature services from ArcGIS Server?

Is Windows up to date? Are you on Collector 17.0.1?

0 Kudos
leo_SwissGIS
New Contributor III

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for your answer. The services are hosted feature services on ArcGIS Online. Windows is up to date, and the Collector version is 17.0.1.

The Panasonic tablet (Windows 10 Pro) is working perfectly when the map is not downloaded, the issue appears only when the map is downloaded.

The Lenovo PC (Windows 10 Family) has this issue with both downloaded and not downloaded maps, meaning that the features can not be seen in any case. 

Thank you in advance for your help, 

Léo

0 Kudos
leo_SwissGIS
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

Any news on this matter? I have just uptated Windows 10 on the Panasonic tablet, but the issue is still the same: the features are invisble when downloading any map for offline purposes. I am only able to see the basemap.

It is a critical problem as our company will soon receive many of those devices for field work that will require offline collection.

Thanks,

Léo

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leo,

Apologies for the late reply. Does this issue occur with all maps? What kind of data are you using? If you created a simple point feature class, publish that to ArcGIS Online, then create a map on ArcGIS for use in Collector, can you see that data in both online and offline environment. I want to rule out any issues with it being data specific.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Leo,

Did you by chance publish the features from ArcGIS Pro? I have observed the same behavior with Collector and Windows with some of the feature services I publish from ArcGIS Pro. I haven't figured out why but if I publish the exact same features from ArcGIS Desktop everything works as expected on all platforms.

Luke

leo_SwissGIS
New Contributor III

Hi Luke,

You are right indeed, I was publishing the feature services from ArcGIS PRO. I've just tried to do the same from ArcGIS desktop 10.4 and....it worked: I could finally see the features when going offline.

(note that on an offline map containing both services published from Arcgis PRO and desktop, only those published by desktop were visible.)

I don't see any simple explanation to this neither...

Thank you for the tip!

@Dan Moore: Do you see any reason why is this happening in that way? I don't think it is data specific as I use both existing and newly created-empty layers (point, line or polygons) from ArcGIS PRO published in Arcgis online.

Thanks,

Léo

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leo,

This could be a bug. What I suggest is to create a support ticket so we can understand the publishing process and confirm that this issue only occurs when publishing from pro. Getting a support ticket on this issue will expedite the process of writing a bug in case support/development can reproduce the behavior.

Thank you for the information, Luke!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leo,

Actually there is a bug that already exists for this issue. There is no need to submit a new bug for this issue. We can attach your account to the bug so you can view the bug details as the bug details are not available on support.esri.com.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

If you can attach my account to it too that would be great.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos