Delete all features before add new data

07-12-2017 06:48 PM
KevinQi
New Contributor

Our system will retrieve new data each 30 mins from external website and add them into the feature layer(Database), and all old data should be deleted before this action. The question is there is no date type attributes which could let us use delete old features when we do the add/update action. And the $ReceivedTime doesn't contains specific time(hh:mm:ss) to support this since our system will be refreshed each 30 mins.

I noticed there is a way like have a 'Poll an ArcGIS Server for Features' input, and set the input's 'Delete Polled Features' property to Yes. Yeah, this can delete the features, however, there is no way that combine it with add/update action like a workflow, could let us do the add/update after the delete operation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexander_DanielMena
New Contributor III

Hello everyone.

I know this post is a little bit older, but I think it might have related with something I've struggling this week.

In my case, I need to delete all features before add new data too. I've created an output connector which let me delete old features using a date attribute (It's work well).
The problem is, I can't syncronize the input connector and output conector and as a result the feature is storaging some duplicated data.

Here an example of the geovent services configuration.

In Connector - Poll an External Website for JSON.
It return data from the last hour (noticed that would there is features already created in the output and them doesn't are the age to be deleted).
(every 5 minutes)

Out Connector - Add Feature
With option to delete old features
maximum feature age = 60 min
Frequency of deleting = 300 seg

Anyone have an idea to delete all features before the add new ones?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos