I've got a workflow that I'd like to automate as much as possible with arcpy. The following scenario is what I need to accomplish:
This is what I think I need to do:
- Digitise a new polygon in an existing feature class.
- Create two buffers of the polygon I've digitised. As there will be a number of polygons in this feature class I would only need to buffer the newest polygon (the one with the largest FID number).
- These two buffers will be 5m and 100m. I would then need to intersect these buffers with a polyline feature class that I have and export a .csv that's broken down in two categories. They are:
- What features intersect the 5m buffer and;
ii What features intersect the 100m buffer.
- I would also need to intersect the polygon itself with the polyline feature class to ascertain what features are ‘beneath’ the property in question. I don’t know if I can just use the polygon itself or should I create a new buffer?
Is the above something I could build a tool to do that once I save my edits and stop editing I could just run the tool and it would carry out the above tasks?
I hope I've made myself clear. Thanks.