Select to view content in your preferred language

Inbox copy survery

06-20-2017 07:52 AM
KevinKozak
Regular Contributor

I am using the Inbox option in my survey. Is there a way to create a copy of a survey that you have downloaded? There is the functionally of coping a survey in the Outbox.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kevin,

I am not sure if this is an approved workflow to achieve what you want or what the adverse affects could occur within your data set, but I think this could give you what you want?

This is a tricky work flow and I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. PLEASE TEST ON SOME TEST DATA TO OBSERVE whether this is a behavior you would like to see within the data set or possible data corruption with multiple copies of the form, and so forth.

I believe once you have the survey form within the Inbox you could try the following -

1. open the survey from the Inbox,
  2. then attempt to exit out of or close the survey and you will be prompted to "Close this survey and lose changes", "Continue this survey", or "Save this survey in Drafts"

The last option will move the survey form from the "Inbox" into the "Drafts" and retains all of the data. However, this is not the copy that you are looking for. Next you will need to

1. Go into your drafts folder and click on this survey form to open it.
  2. After it opens you will be able to "re-submit" the form; which places the form into your "Sent" folder.
  3. Back out of the "Drafts" folder and head into the "Sent" folder
  4. you will see your form within this folder.
  5. Click on it and it will ask if you want to "edit the form" or "create a copy of the form."
  6. This would give you a copy of the form that started within your "Inbox".

AGAIN, this is probably not an APPROVED workflow from the Survey123 Team and needs to be tested on some TEST DATA to ensure that all attributes are retained.

One quick question though, does your form have any repeats within it? If so, then the Inbox would not be an option for this workflow.

Mike

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Regular Contributor

Hello Mike. My survey does not use repeats. I was thinking along the same lines of opening a Inbox survey, then not make any changes but still submit it for update. The from the Outbox make the copy.

0 Kudos