AnsweredAssumed Answered

Map Projections - ArcGIS Pro

Question asked by TWC_ExecutiveHQ on Jun 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 by KKramer-esristaff

Hello all, 

I am currently working on a map project in ArcGIS Pro that displays a preserve poly boundary paired with some poly boundaries displaying areas of interest. In our database we have a variety of different poly boundaries that have either been created or sent from external sources for our preserve, but when added to the map all are situated in slightly different locations (different map projections I'm assuming). I like to work out of NAD 1983 CA State Plane Projection when working on maps regarding a preserve, so that is the coordinate system that my map is set as. Within the toolbox in Pro I have re-projected my layers using the "Project - Data Management Tool" to match the system of my map and nothing appears to happen. Additionally, I utilized the "Define Projection - Data Management Tool" to attempt to reset the coordinate system which results in my layers being sent to a "null island" only this time in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Are there any further steps I can do to ensure and/or double check that my layers are pairing up correctly with my map? Hopefully this is a easy fix and everyone is able to understand my question. Let me know if you need any additional info to describe the problem. 

Attachments

Outcomes