AnsweredAssumed Answered

Accessing App made in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition

Question asked by PresumpscotRLT on Jun 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 by jskinner-esristaff

Hi all - 

I'm not very knowledgeable about servers, proxies, etc.. and can't quite figure this out from the instructions.

I downloaded the WAB Developer Edition to use a single custom widget (PopUpPanel) in a web app. I created the web app no problem with an address of https://<my computer name>:3344/webappbuilder/apps/7/ 

Now I would like to be able to access it from "My Content" in my AGOL site and publish it on my website. I'm not clear on whether this means I need to "deploy it on my web server" or not since I'm using AGOL rather than a separate server.

I downloaded the app zip file, extracted it, and that's where I'm stuck. Should I be using "Add Item --> Application" from My Content? What "type" is my app? I'm assuming I want "Add Item --> Application --> Web Mapping --> Ready to use/Javascript --> ..." and then I'm not sure where to find the URL for the app unless if it is the same as what I posted above.

As you can see, I'm a bit lost, but it feels like it should not be too many steps to get there. Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Toby

Outcomes