Surevy123 not posting back correctly

06-01-2017 04:05 AM
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

I'm working on a project that requires the mobile user to choose a name from a pick list. 

I have 46 technicians so, I have a pick list with 46 names added to my form.

When in the field, there is no problem in choosing one of those 46 names. They all display accurately and the process is flawless.

However, when I view the data in AGOL, the name that was selected does not appear.

The 1st name in the  pick list appears repeatedly. Even if I go into edit mode in AGOL, I cannot select any other names. Only that 1st name appears.

I'm utterly confused as to why it would work as it should from a mobile device yet not appear accurately on AGOL.

Any help on this matter would be great. 

I also have images associated with the collected data which I cannot loose.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Corey,

You might be interested in using a username question instead of a manual pick list; this will auto populate the name of the logged in user into the form (this also occurs via editor tracking).

On the pick list, can you share the list structure with me (either be posting a version with fake names or e-mailing the form direct to jtedrick@esri.com) - without seeing how the form is constructed, it's a little hard to diagnose the error.

0 Kudos
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

James,

Thanks for the reply. I was under the gun by my boss to get this out today so I had to improvise and create a new survey without using the method I intended.

The form I attached is the original one .

As you can see that when I select 1 name from the pick list, it automatically selected ALL of them and as a result, in AGOL, it defaulted to the very 1st name, all the time.

I have since recreated the form and made the section multiple as well as multiline vs minimal It seems to work now. Yet, not the way I originally intended.

Can you understand why I could not make this 1st form work with only being able to select 1 name from a list?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Corey,

The reason is that the 'name' value in the choice list is not distinct.  This is the value that is recorded and must be distinct to separate the choices from one another.  The label is only used for viewing by the user.

0 Kudos
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

James,

Thank you for that explanation. Makes sense to me now and I will definitely utilize that assistance for my next survey I creat through connect.

0 Kudos