Thai language display incorrectly

05-31-2017 04:49 AM
AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Survey 123 field app and Survey 123 Connect can not display Thai language properly.  Before upgrade to version 2, both applications can display Thai language correctly.  I change locale to Thai already but it doesn't seem to work.

Amnat

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

It happens to both Windows7 and Windows 10.  IOS and Android can display correctly.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

We are looking into this issue.

0 Kudos
AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Both Survey 123 connect version 1.10.43 and Survey 123 field app version 1.10.25 have no problems on Thai display.  The vowel and consonant are aligned correctly.  However, the upgrade version of Survey 123 version 2.0.41, 2.1.9 and Survey 123 field app 2.0.53 can not display Thai properly.  The vowel and consonant are not aligned anymore.comparison between version 1 and version 2 for Survey 123 connectComparison between version 1 and version 2 for Survey 123 field app

0 Kudos
AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Is there any updates on this issue? Can you repeat the problem? Hopefully, it would be fixed soon.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi amnat,

We have been able to reproduce the issue you describe, though I don't have any timeline for resolving it at this time.

0 Kudos
AmnatKhamsiriwatchara
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Most of my survey depend a lot in Thai.    I am now using old version of survey 123 because of the display on windows platform.  The old version can display Thai correctly, but it is not support multiple pages.   I choose survey 123 as my main platform because the supportive statement below that it supports Thai localization.  Hopefully, you would be able to get it fixed soon.

Best Regards,

Amnat

What’s new in Survey123 for ArcGIS 1.6

•  1 7 13

As you may already know, Survey123 for ArcGIS is no longer in Beta. We had our first general availability release back in June. All along our beta program tradition was to release updates every month, and we would not want to break that tradition now. So here  you have, a month later, our 1.6 release!

As usual, you can update your Survey123 mobile app from the Google Play and iTunes app stores. If you use the Survey123 app on your desktop, the new setups for Windows, Mac and Ubuntu Linux are available on our Survey123 download page.  From the download page you can also get the latest version of Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS.

Here is what is new in 1.6:

Integration with Workforce for ArcGIS: You can now configure your Workforce for ArcGIS projects to launch the survey of your choice right from the Workforce mobile application. This makes data capture with Survey123 much more  convenient: field users keep track of their to-do lists in Workforce, and with a single tap Survey123 will pop with the exact survey needed to get the job done. The Integration with Workforce for ArcGIS help topic describes step by step how to make this happen.

Note: The Workforce for ArcGIS mobile application is currently available on iOS only. Android and Windows versions are coming soon.

Localization: While the Survey123 Hub at survey123.arcgis.com and help is in English only, both Survey123 Connect and the Survey123 mobile app are localized into the following languages: Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Turkish, and Vietnamese.  This update includes numerous localization enhancements.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Just a quick update on this. We are planning to make the fix to this problem available in our 2.4 release, which will be made available before the end of September.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. 2.4 is now released. This issue should now be resolved. https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/09/20/talk-like-a-pirate-release-24 

0 Kudos