AnsweredAssumed Answered

Editor and Templatepicker Creation in Custom Widget

Question asked by margo.blosser_usfs on May 9, 2017
Latest reply on May 10, 2017 by scottlehto27

I am creating a custom Widget that is added to a WAB Developer Edition application. I am adding the editor and template widget to a bodyPanel div.

My main widget – GeoCapture gets loaded through the config.json inclusion. The GeoCapture Widget loads a dropdown menu that allows a uses to select what they want to do – 1) Add New Feature 2) Select Existing Feature. 

Depending on the menu pick a second widget is created that has the UI for either 1) Add New Feature 2) Select Existing Feature.

For the Add New Feature widget:

1) I create and startup the search widget

2)Create the editor and templatepicker widgets and start the widgets.

I do not get the templatepicker templates displayed after editor and templatepicker widgets have been created (see image).

In the debugging tools for the AddWidget around line 201, I can see that at “featureLayers: templateLayers,” I have layers.

I suspect that the issue is that the editor and template picker are not getting instantiated and are not running widget startup on the map onLoad event. I likely need to do something like this “this.map.on("Load", lang.hitch(this, 'editWidgetCreate'));” to my Add New Feature widget. But I am not sure how to hitch to a separate widget.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-Margo

Attachments

Outcomes