Story map - image to not include maximize button

04-27-2017 03:54 AM
SarahHollier
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am developing a storymap series tabbed version and in the text I want to include small images of icons to explain to users how to navigate the map within the text.

When I add images either hosted on agol or uploaded directly to the story map it shows the maximize icon in the corner of the image. My images are small so this covers the whole image. I have the option "Include a maximize button in the corner of the image" turned off. I have tried re inserting the images, however this seems to not always fix the problem.

Is there any way to fix this? Am i missing something really simple? Would prefer if possible not to have to re insert all images again as I have 12 story maps with multiple images inserted in the text all with this issue.

Thanks

Sarah

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sarah -- sorry you are having an issue with your story map. What image format are your images? 

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Can you post a few of your images here so I can try this with your images? Also, are you able to make your story map (or an example story showing the same issue) public and share a link here so I try to troubleshoot the issue?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
SarahHollier
New Contributor III

Hi Owen,

Thanks for getting back to me. The images I am using are png format and just 32x32 pixels in size, each less than 1kb in size, image and link to one of the storymaps I am having this issue in is below. The issue seems to be more prevalent on the Map and Aerial Photography tab even though I have the same format images on my Overview tab. The only difference is that the Map and Aerial Photography tab shows an embedded web app.

http://arcg.is/2pCKUpr 

The strange part about it is that despite inserting the images the same way each time it is completely hit and miss if the maximize image option shows on the image.

Thanks

Sarah

0 Kudos