Select to view content in your preferred language

Best practices for moving Survey123 project between two different AGOL organizations ?

04-11-2017 12:10 PM
JohnSharrard
Esri Contributor

What are the best practice recommendations for moving an existing Survey123 project from one AGOL organization to another.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, I would recommend you use a tool like Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online from GeoJobe to move both the Form item and Feature Layer items around organizations.  You will always want to ensure that:

• All form related items (Form, Feature Layer) are within the same Folder
  • All items are owned by the same ArcGIS account
  • Sharing is consistent across the feature layer and form item

In the event that your survey is making use of Hosted Feature Layer Views you will want to move them as well. I am not sure if Admin Tools handle Hosted Feature Layer Views.  The name of the Folder does not really matter.

VanessaSimpson2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ismael,

I tried your suggestion, however the GeoJobe tools don't let you copy between different organizations. We also attempted using the AGO Assistant, which works great for feature services and web maps, but it won't copy the forms.

Has anyone else had to do this? 

Thank you in advance,

Vanessa

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Frequent Contributor

GeoJobe does allow content cloning between organizations, however this feature is only available with the paid-for version. The free version does not include this functionality.

Erica