Unable to register SDE database with ArcServer

Jump to solution
04-07-2017 11:32 AM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Working in 10.4.1 - 

Started having publishing problems on an ArcServer machine, got many add messages about ArcMap on that machine being corrupt and some SQL Native client issues.  All that has been fixed by ensuring proper version of client is installed and the desktop is working correctly - database connections working, adding layers is fine.  

However when I go to register the database with the server, I see the following:

Stumped by this one - it seems to be configured the same as our other functioning ArcServer machines and am not sure how to research this error (no code)

Thanks - 

Allen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What version of SQL are you using?

Are the following patches installed on the Server machine?

ArcGIS 10.4.1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) SQL Server Quality Improvement Patch

Esri Support 10.4 (10.4.1) 

ArcGIS 10.4.1 for (Desktop, Server) SQL Server Mixed Precision Patch

Do you have the same issue if you create a new enterprise geodatabase and register that geodatabase to your ArcGIS Server?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Allen,

Did you create a new connection to the database in ArcMap after installing the proper version of the client? Did you open up a new session of ArcMap? Also, are you able to register the database via ArcGIS Server Manager?

Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Manager—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Thanks Dan - 

Yes, I created new database connections, as well as a new server connection in Catalog, fresh session of arcmap.  All appears normal until I go to register.  

Registering the database through server manager fails as well: (I navigated to the sde connection file to import - this is the result.  that database connection works in arcmap)

Allen

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What version of SQL are you using?

Are the following patches installed on the Server machine?

ArcGIS 10.4.1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) SQL Server Quality Improvement Patch

ArcGIS 10.4.1 for (Desktop, Server) SQL Server Mixed Precision Patch

Do you have the same issue if you create a new enterprise geodatabase and register that geodatabase to your ArcGIS Server?

AllenScully

Did not have those patches installed - installed the Server versions of both this morning and was able to register an SQL Server SDE database and publish successfully.  Looks like that did it.

Thanks -

Allen

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's great! Glad to know that fixed it!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Allen, remember to mark Dan's response as the correct answer so this thread can be closed. Thanks.

0 Kudos