AnsweredAssumed Answered

Feature layer output in webappbuilder / add to map

Question asked by hbouckaertesriaustralia-com-au-esridist Employee on Apr 5, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 by hbouckaertesriaustralia-com-au-esridist

Hi 

I have a python script that outputs to a feature layer.  The input is a CSV, but also could be something else. Using this on the desktop in ArcMap works. I then publish this as a geoprocessing service. However when I add the geoprocessing services as a geoprocessing widget in webappbuilder I get an error that I need to specify the feature layer output.

What I really want to do is to load a shapefile or a CSV and add that to the map. I had a look at

https://github.com/magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-FileImporter but to create a geoprocessing service, here also I have three output layers (point, line and polygon). The GP service cannot be created in webappbuilder because the feature layer outputs cannot be defined in webappbuilder (in the tool the output must be set to feature layer). Do I have to connect the feature layer output to an existing layer in Portal perhaps?

Anyway  the short question is when the output of a geoprocessing service is a feature layer, how can this be made to work in webappbuilder with the layer added to a map.  A code example that I can use to get me started (i.e. something I can publish as a geoprocessing service) would be great of course. 

Thanks

Hugo 

Outcomes