Create k factor raster map

04-03-2017 05:06 AM
LisaHuttenlocher
New Contributor

Hello,

I would like to do a soil erosion modelling based on RUSLE in ArcGIS.

For that I would like to create a raster map which contains the k factors for my watershed, so that I can use raster calculator in the end to multiply the different factors.

I´m not really advanced in the handling of ArcGIS, so I would be really grateful if someone could give me some hints on how to create this rasterfile.

Thank you so much in advance.

L.H.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Do you have the data necessary to estimate k from perhaps surrogate polygon data from a soils map or similar?  Or are you looking how to convert that data to a grid and are looking for guidance on grid properties? You do have the Spatial Analyst extension at least should you wish to do any modelling I guess

0 Kudos
LisaHuttenlocher
New Contributor

I have three major soil groups in my watershed. There are no soil samples available, but I would use data from FAO database to estimate k-factors for the soils. I think I would be able to create a shapefile, showing the three different k-factors in my watershed, but I´m not sure on how to convert them into rasterdata, with which I can calculate USLE in the end. So, actually I´m looking for help on how to convert that data into a rasterfile.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

... feature-to-raster ... or ... polygon-to-raster .... with the usual cavaets of using projected data and ensuring your cell size and extent are appropriately determined for the scale of your other data and the nature of you problem.