Edit Feature / Add Feature from Web App or Web Map won't work

Jump to solution
04-02-2017 08:19 PM
Network_WaitakiLtd
New Contributor

Hi There,

I am trying to create a simple map that have 2 layers (with no data) and I want to create those feature by using the Edit - Create Feature through Arc Online.

When I go on "Edit" through the Web Map or the Web App, I can see my two feature classes

I draw my polygon quite easily but unfortunately when it comes to "double click to complete" the feature goes away and it does not do anything else.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

Is this an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service, or an ArcGIS Server feature service? 

One thing to check if your feature class is Z-aware.  If it is Z-aware, you will want to make sure you specify a default z-value when you publish the service.

24034: Layer's data source is z-aware and no default z-value is defined—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

Is this an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service, or an ArcGIS Server feature service? 

One thing to check if your feature class is Z-aware.  If it is Z-aware, you will want to make sure you specify a default z-value when you publish the service.

24034: Layer's data source is z-aware and no default z-value is defined—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Network_WaitakiLtd
New Contributor

I'm hosted feature service

I'll check this z-value thanks for the suggestion

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

You can check to see if the Z-value is enabled on the hosted feature service by going to the service endpoint.

There will be a value of true by HasZ. If the Z or M value is enabled, try re-publishing your data as mentioned by Jake. 

https://services5.arcgis.com/cuQhNeNcUrgLmYGD/ArcGIS/rest/services/Female_Board_Members/FeatureServe... 

-Kelly

Network_WaitakiLtd
New Contributor

I think I definitely need to add this default

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Network_WaitakiLtd
New Contributor

Another update. I publish again the map without Z awareness and I can edit them without problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos