3D mesh layer in ArcGIS Runtime v100.0

03-27-2017 01:41 PM
olivierdev
New Contributor III

Hi,

just made a test with a scene layer coming from Drone2Map (3D mesh layer), but the layer doesn't display well.

The 3D mesh is well textured on a web app and rendering is good, but on the Runtime App, the mesh rendering is black (very dark) like there is no colour or no light at all on the texture.

Is there anything special to do in the code ?

Also I've tried to use the LAS produced by Drone2Map, but this scene layer doesn't display at all on the sceneView.

Any though on that?

I'm using ARcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS v100.0 for iOS.

Thanks in advance for your help or advice.

olivier

0 Kudos
4 Replies
olivierdev
New Contributor III

By the way, it works great with the .NET SDK on a UWP app.

0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

Olivier -

Are you able to share your data so that we can investigate? You can email me if you want to send the info privately.

There could be some issues on iOS as 3D capabilities were only in beta at v100.0. Can you try the same data in a mac app and see if it works better? The runtime code is exactly the same for iOS or mac.

0 Kudos
olivierdev
New Contributor III

Hi Divesh,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I did a test on macOS, and it works. The 3D mesh layer displays with colored texture as expected.

I cannot make the data I use available publicly. Could you please tell what is your ArcGIS ID (username) so I could share the scene layer service with you through a private sharing group between my organisation and yours?

0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd have to join your organization to get access to it then. The best way to do it is for you to invite me to your org (my email id is dgoyal@esri.com) and then you can remove me once we're done

0 Kudos