Here's the problem I'm having:
- I'm using SQL Server 2012 that hosts a geodatabase.
- ArcCatalog 10.5 reports that the SQL-hosted GDB is at version 10.4.0.
- In ArcGIS Pro 1.4, I am using the following Python calc expression to update a field named MTP_Date: datetime.datetime(2016, 3, 15)
- In ArcGIS Pro 1.4, the above calc expression works just fine when run on a non-SQL-hosted file geodatabase.
- In ArcGIS Pro 1.4, the Calculate Field tool does not successfully update the date field in one of the feature classes in my SQL-hosted GDB. The strange thing is, the calc tool runs successfully with no errors, but the date field is not actually updated. It makes no change to the value in the date field.
- In ArcGIS Pro 1.4, I can successfully edit a date field by manually typing the date in the feature class' attribute table. But my work is such that manually entering date values is not practical. I need to be able to calculate the field values.
- Using ArcMap 10.5, the Calculate Field tool does successfully update the value for the date field in the SQL-hosted 10.4.0 GDB.
So, using the same exact SQL-hosted 10.4.0 GDB:
- ArcGIS Pro 1.4 cannot successfully calc a date field value
- ArcMap 10.5 can successfully calc a date field value
I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the SQL-hosted GDB to version 10.5 in order for ArcGIS Pro 1.4 to be able to successfully calculate date field values. Any ideas?