Can not build iOS for x86_64 processor architecture

Jump to solution
03-22-2017 06:21 AM
PimJanissen
New Contributor II

Hi. I've recently installed the Qt Framework for macOS and the ArcGIS SDK for Qt, using the installation guide from the ArcGIS SDK for Qt. I've ran a Qt example app with my iOS kit and it runs fine, however when I try to run an ArcGIS application it gives me the following error messages:

When I look into the details, it shows me the following:

The conclusion seems to be that the ArcGIS SDK for Qt's libraries are not suited for the x86_64 processor type.

I have no idea however what the cause might be of the problem. I've tried reinstalling the SDK and also ran the post installer again to see if that helps, but to no result.

These are the versions I am using:

macOS                        10.11.6
   xCode                           8.2.1
   qt                                   5.8

ArcGIS SDK for Qt      100.0.0   

Any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks in advance,

Pim

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you trying to build for device or for the simulator? One thing that has changed with 5.8 is that Qt has moved to combining their simulator and their arm libs into one universal lib. With that change, there were some changes to qmake commands/variables. One thing you might try is to modify our prf file like the following:

- navigate to ~/Qt5.6.2/5.6/ios/mkspecs/features and open the arcgis qml prf

- if building for simulator, then comment out the iphoneos block. If building for arm/device, then comment out the iphonesimulator block. We are finding that both of these conditions are true in 5.8 due to the universal libs, which results in possibly the wrong lib getting linked.

We are working on testing 5.8 more on iOS to see how we can better support the new universal sim/arm libraries.

You could consider using 5.6.2 or 5.7.1 for iOS for the time being if none of these suggestions work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you trying to build for device or for the simulator? One thing that has changed with 5.8 is that Qt has moved to combining their simulator and their arm libs into one universal lib. With that change, there were some changes to qmake commands/variables. One thing you might try is to modify our prf file like the following:

- navigate to ~/Qt5.6.2/5.6/ios/mkspecs/features and open the arcgis qml prf

- if building for simulator, then comment out the iphoneos block. If building for arm/device, then comment out the iphonesimulator block. We are finding that both of these conditions are true in 5.8 due to the universal libs, which results in possibly the wrong lib getting linked.

We are working on testing 5.8 more on iOS to see how we can better support the new universal sim/arm libraries.

You could consider using 5.6.2 or 5.7.1 for iOS for the time being if none of these suggestions work.

0 Kudos
PimJanissen
New Contributor II

Unfortunately changing the .prf files did not change anything.

However, running the application with a 5.7.1 build did the trick.

Thank you for your help!

Pim

0 Kudos