AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overwrite Existing Feature Service Corrupts Data

Question asked by allenallen on Mar 17, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 by KGerrow-esristaff

This has happened twice now (ArcGIS desktop 10.4.1) in unrelated projects with different data:

General steps:

1. Publish new hosted feature service from .MXD to ArcGIS.com organizational account.
  2. Add feature service to ArcGIS.com Map, and change symbols and pop-ups, save ArcGIS.com map.
  3. At later a date, overwrite feature service with new data using original publishing .Mxd and cartography.
  4. Open ArcGIS.com map, and the attribute data and symbols have gotten "jumbled" in the map.  By jumbled I mean for example, if I had hydrants, valves, and meters in my original map, after I overwrite the service the hydrants show up on the valve layer, the valves show up as meters, and the meters show up as hydrants on the map.  The attribute data tables are also attached to the wrong layers.

I have been using ArcGIS online since it first came out, and I have never seen anything like it.  The only work around I could find was to delete my feature service and publish a new one.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Perhaps this was addressed in the 10.5 update?

Thanks

Outcomes