SDE Compression End State Count Issue

03-14-2017 05:24 AM
ClaytonCooley2
New Contributor III

For the past few months I've been having an issue getting my SDE Compression End State Count down to "1".  It acts like there are connections but I've checked everything I can think of but it won't go any lower than 5. Any suggestions?

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Screenshot of SDE Compression Log

https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase?sr=search&searchId=960f8a53-d2fd-4599-802e-651564f1fb4...https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis?sr=search&searchId=a3c6e9ce-91a1-4144-b0ab-1...

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Clayton,

Do you have a replica based on this database (check the sde.SDE_versions table)? What does your sde.SDE_state_locks and sde.SDE_table_locks look like? See who is the owner of state 5 in your sde.SDE_states table and then check that machine for a hung ArcMap.exe or ArcCatalog.exe

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Interesting, I have never paid much attention to that value in the compress_log.  We have SQL, and I run a few selects in Management Studio where I track things.  In case this gives you any clues:

use mysde_database
select name, owner, version_id, state_id, parent_name, parent_owner from [mysde_database].[dbo].[SDE_versions]
select * from  [mysde_database].[dbo].[SDE_versions]
select * from [mysde_database].[dbo].[SDE_states] order by state_id
select * from [mysde_database].[dbo].[sde_state_lineages] order by lineage_name, lineage_id
/* now I've added */
select TOP(5) * from [mysde_database].[dbo].[SDE_compress_log] order by compress_end DESC‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

I also use the "hack" install the old GDBT toolset to view the version-Lineage within Catalog. 

edit: use SQL syntax highlighter and added TOP(5) to last line, to limit number of records returned from the compress_log query.

ManviLather1
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

Please check the following:

1)From sde_version table check if there are any existing version? 

If any version represents, reconcile and post all the edits and delete the version.

If sync_send version is present then from ArcCatalog, unregister the replica.

2)From sde_process_information table check if any user is connected to the geodatabase? 

3)Shut down the map services, if any.

4)Check below tables if any lock exist:

SDE_table_locks;
SDE_layer_locks;
SDE_object_locks;
SDE_state_locks; 

0 Kudos