GPU Error Keeps Occuring w/ Simple Drawing

03-08-2017 12:37 PM
EmmaGause
New Contributor II

I am using an HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook (from my work). In ArcPro I keep getting a GPU Error that causes my map drawing to crash (even with simple maps with only 4-5 vector layers turned on!). I do dock and undock my laptop, but I always restart ArcPro when I do this. I have looked up options for updating my GPU card, but I don't think my work would be willing to pay for a new GPU card and the HP Service to install it in my laptop.

Is there anything else I can do to keep this GPU issue from occurring so frequently?

Thanks,

Emma

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This system requirements for Pro link gives the specs for running pro, but there is also a link on that page to test whether your machines meets those requirements.  Check that.  Then ensure that you meet the video requirements specifically in your case AND if so, update your drivers from the manufacturer ... no just a Windows update... not good enough.  The caveat's for the video are important, so check that you have at least the minimum and if one of the options doesn't work and you have access to the other, swap to see if one driver works over the other. 

If 'they' aren't going to update your card, then do your data creation in arcmap, but I suspect that you will continue to have issues with PRO if you have a 'thin on capability' machine.

0 Kudos