Permissions in SQL Server

Jump to solution
03-07-2017 05:44 PM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Database Authentication. There are multiple users in our SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Geodatabase using ArcGIS 10.2.2. What would be the recommended permissions if I wanted to do the following:

- One user can create/change geodatabase feature class schemas, create/edit data/feature classes.

- The other users cannot make changes to the schema, but can only create/edit data/feature classes.

I need to have my sysadmin set these in SQL Server Management Studio, not ArcGIS. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

The owner (user creating the objects) of the database objects (tables, feature classes,..) will always have the permissions to change its Schema, delete it, grant other users access to that object, etc.

Changing the schema of existing data is one of those things that only the Data Owner can perform.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

The owner (user creating the objects) of the database objects (tables, feature classes,..) will always have the permissions to change its Schema, delete it, grant other users access to that object, etc.

Changing the schema of existing data is one of those things that only the Data Owner can perform.

AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tim - Here is a help link that lays out the different enterprise geodatabase activities and require privileges to accomplish them.

Privileges for geodatabases in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

-Adam Z