Autopopulate values in survey123 using the values from another hosted dataset

03-05-2017 08:48 PM
Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

I am new on Survey123 for ArcGIS. I am currently in the process of creating my first form and I would like to do this:

1. Select my forest, then list the localities under that forest so I can select one, then list the “sources” under this forest so I can select one, then list all the compartments under this "source". I know that one way to do this is to have a Cascading Select and external selects. My problem is - How can I grab values from a hosted layer to autopopulate the “sources” and compartment values in the choices worksheet. The values are contained in a dataset which are periodically refreshed. We can store the dataset as a hosted “source” layer in ArcGIS online but how can we transfer automatically any updates to the XLSForm? Is there another way that I can do this?
  2. How can I share only a portion of my survey to a group?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

1) Currently, the values that you describe must be in the XLSForm that is published as a survey; changes to the values will need the survey to update.  We are looking at ways to use feature services in a manner similar to what you describe, but don't have anything concrete planned

2) The closest way to share just a portion of the survey would be to have an username question (which is automatically filled in) and a group of questions that have a relevancy to the username of the person (i.e., ${username} = 'james' ).

0 Kudos
Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, james.

0 Kudos