GeoEvent Service does not receive JSON from polling-Input

02-06-2017 02:07 AM
SarahLechler
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I'm polling a JSON from an HTTP endpoint: http://www.stadt-koeln.de/externe-dienste/open-data/parking.php 

If i try writing it to a local JSON or CSV file the GeoEvent Service does not even receive data from the input although in the monitoring section data flow is shown. 

I tried to add different MIME-types just in case; other than this I didn't change a thing in the input definition. The input creates the GeoEvent definition by itself and it looks fine.

Moreover I tried different outputs but the data never flows.The Log shows the normal: Route: 098543c6-c426-460b-8ec5-84481677c074:01072b60-04e0-4254-81e6-dfb359c8dc8e:output:5918f92a-8a59-4b6a-899a-9b8503f1b030 started and consuming from: Endpoint[direct://098543c6-c426-460b-8ec5-84481677c074:01072b60-04e0-4254-81e6-dfb359c8dc8e:output:5918f92a-8a59-4b6a-899a-9b8503f1b030] 

It is also confusing, that when I copy the link in the JSON-validator it gives me an error but if I copy the content it is validating properly.  

Is there any solution? Is there a way to get the content differently so that it validate? Or is the data just not usable here because of the .php?  It might be simple but I'm just not getting it 

Thanks in advance

I'm using version 10.5.0

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sarah,

Is this a new installation of GeoEvent Server 10.5, or did you upgrade from a previous version? From your description it appears that GeoEvent is receiving data points correctly from the website (since the count is increasing on the input) however it's not passing this data to other elements within GeoEvent. This could have many causes, including a RabbitMQ Messaging Service malfunction. Have you noticed any RabbitMQ failure messages in the GeoEvent logs? It may be worth including a zipped copy in a response for me to examine. Feel free to also include screenshots of the Monitor section in the GeoEvent Manager as well as the definition created and the GeoEvent Service editor if possible.

- Chris

0 Kudos
SarahLechler
New Contributor

Hey Chris,

first of all, thank you for your response.

I recreated the problem this morning. For checking the transfer I left it simple without any filters or mappers or anything. 

Attached you'll find all the screenshot and log messages from this morning.

Your help is much appreciated.

Sarah 

auto-created GeoEvent definition

modified GeoEvent definition

Monitoring page:

GeoEvent Service Definition

logs from this morning:

I hope you can read it all

0 Kudos
RandallUtsch
New Contributor

Was there ever any resolution to this? I'm experiencing a similar issue with GeoEven 10.5 polling an Feature service. The counter for the input keeps going up in the Inputs section., but the input to the GeoEvent service does not. I DO see a RabbitMQ login error in the logs:geoevent_rabbitmq_login_error

any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos