Custom Widget w/ nested tasks and multiple GP services

01-26-2017 10:27 AM
FrancescoTonini2
Occasional Contributor II

Can anyone send pointers and tips on how to create (if it does not exist a way already) a custom widget, e.g. for use with Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition), that contains a set of nested tasks, similar to how the "Analysis Widget" is set up in AGOL? Basically, how can I create my own version of the "Analysis Widget" that contain my own custom geoprocessing services, instead of the ones offered by AGOL?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FrancescoTonini2

rscheitlin‌ Based on your experience with widget customization, do you have any pointers and tips for me to get started on this task, i.e. adding multiple tasks to the same widget using a framework very similar to the "Perform Analysis" widget by ESRI? I know one can add many tasks to one GP service when publishing but I am trying to design something a little bit more organized with images etc. where the user can see a list of steps to undertake when running my custom widget with nested tasks. I hope I explained myself...Thanks!!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

I have never had the need to develop a widget like that. If it were me I would look at the code in the Perform Analysis widget and try and decipher its workflow as a basis for your new widget. Sorry I don't have much more advice than that.

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

Robert,

Is there a chance to message/email you some specific questions related to GP services and GP widgets in Web AppBuilder (or in general JavaScript API)? I am having troubles finding correct answers to my problem even via ESRI customer service. Let me know if that would be possible...thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Fransesco,

The only support I provide in on GeoNet and I hardly ever use GPs.

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

Ok, Thanks anyway! If you know of anyone on GeoNet that is particularly expert of GP tool and services please let me know. I posted a general question on the forum as well, so let's see if anyone can help me with my questions.

0 Kudos