Base layer not showing up in printing function.

01-25-2017 08:27 AM
JoshuaGriffin2
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,  I created a map application using ArcGIS Online template ( Basic Viewer) which has printing functionality. But print is not working. I thought of browser issue and tried to print in different browser, still no luck. It seems that the base layer is the only layer not showing up.

8 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Joshua,

What basemap are you printing from? Are you able to share the web map to this post?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JoshuaGriffin2
New Contributor II

Thanks Kelly. Any base map I use zoomed into from about 1:600 to 1:70 does not seem to work. As of last week it was working. Unfortunately, I can not share the map due to data agreements. I've tried different accounts under our ESRI license agreement and they all seem to be doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks for the clarification on the workflow. This looks to be occurring when a request is made to print tiles that have been resampled, which is most areas at the 1:70 resolution. This has been reported as a bug BUG-000096616: Unable to print a web map when zooming in to the las.. .

You can track the progress made on the bug by watching the link above, or by contacting technical support and asking to be attached to the bug. 

-Kelly 

0 Kudos
JoshuaGriffin2
New Contributor II

I've created a blank map so I can show you the issue. This is the link...http://arcg.is/2jxD4Xl. If it doesn't work let me know!

0 Kudos
JoshuaGriffin2
New Contributor II

Also I would likely use the satellite imagery base map more often than not. 

0 Kudos
JoshuaGriffin2
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

I wanted to check in to see if there was any progress made on this issue. I would like to start using AGOL's printing function and implement this into my office at large.

If my office is unable to print it doesn't really make sense to use AGOL. Do you have any other ideas about how I could go around this? 

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Joshua,

In order to work around this issue, you will either need to print the data at scales where the data is available: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9  or create your own basemap with imagery data that is available at that scale level.

-Kelly

JoshuaGriffin2
New Contributor II

Thank you for your feedback. 

Josh

0 Kudos