Extracting Related Table Data Created From survey123 to ArcMap

Jump to solution
01-09-2017 05:12 PM
PeterDi_Turi
New Contributor II

Hello, Survey123 aficionados!

I've created a survey using an XLSForm with a repeat block.  There's no problem in publishing, downloading, or executing the survey or uploading data, and the related records and attachments show up when I open the hosted feature layer in the ArcGIS Online map viewer.  I then tried to open up the hosted feature layer table in ArcMap and access the related records table via ArcMap, and I can get at the feature layer records.  However, when I try to access the related table, I consistently get this "Loading table data" error message:

I get no records on the output table - although the status line shows that I have 5 records available, which is the number of related records I added to my example survey feature record when I did the survey:

My workaround is to download the related table as a shapefile, add it to ArcMap, and then I can manually relate the feature record's Global ID to the parentglob (Parent Global ID field) in the related record's table, so that the relates will work within ArcMap.  But I don't believe that I should have to do this workaround!

I am running ArcGIS 10.3.1 and I'm hoping for a simple solution to why I'm not seeing related records in ArcMap.  I may be greedy, but I'd rather export the hosted feature layer and related table to a file geodatabase instead of a shapefile, too.  Any advice would be awesome!

...pete...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Peter:

You can download your survey as a file geodatabase and all the tables and relationship classes will be preserved and ready for use.  Here, I have a photo capture item in my survey and the survey points, photo tables and table relationship classes are all contained in the FGDB.

relasionships

I accessed my survey, located in AGOL, via ArcGIS Pro 1.3 and interestingly, the Photo_Group table came down into Pro, but the Photo_Group_ATTACH table did not.  The Photo_Group_ATTACH table contains the photos, so in Pro, I am not able to see the photos in my map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Peter:

You can download your survey as a file geodatabase and all the tables and relationship classes will be preserved and ready for use.  Here, I have a photo capture item in my survey and the survey points, photo tables and table relationship classes are all contained in the FGDB.

relasionships

I accessed my survey, located in AGOL, via ArcGIS Pro 1.3 and interestingly, the Photo_Group table came down into Pro, but the Photo_Group_ATTACH table did not.  The Photo_Group_ATTACH table contains the photos, so in Pro, I am not able to see the photos in my map.

PeterDi_Turi
New Contributor II

Hello, Joe!

Thank you for your prompt reply and right answer!  I can't believe that I missed "Export FGDB" as an option for AGOL, so maybe I'll have to go for a vision check!

I also confirmed the inability to obtain the ATTACH table in ArcGIS Pro 1.3, whether it came from the exported geodatabase or the AGOL hosted feature service.  Also of note is that I also had to recreate the relate for ArcGIS Pro (which is no big deal), but the relate carries through just fine when I use ArcMap (ArcGIS 10.3.1).

...pete...

0 Kudos